We are closely monitoring the outbreak of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 and we want to update you on the measures we take to sanitize our studios. Most of our procedures were in place before the outbreak, since health and safety have always been our highest priority.
- Both the workout clothing and the electrical suits are sanitized after every use, and always have been. The clothing is washed in hot water on a sanitize cycle with a special antimicrobial detergent. Electrical suits are sprayed with an antimicrobial solution after every use and with another, more potent solution at the end of the day when they are hung to dry.
- Each of our studios use — and always have — a Vollara FreshAir Everest air cleaning system to remove contaminants and microscopic particles from the air. Inspired by NASA, this air filtration system inactivates viruses, bacteria and fungi and substantially reduces microbial populations on surfaces. The air in our studios is as clean as the air you find in nature, and probably much cleaner than the air in your home.
- Staff are taking extra precautions by using disinfecting wipes on counters, door handles, hand-held workout equipment, and in dressing rooms on a regular basis.
- We have placed disinfecting wipes in every changing room and encourage you to wipe door handles and any other surface you might touch.
- The alcohol wipes you use on your hands and feet before your InBody scan also kill viruses.
- We keep hand sanitizer on the counter for your use, and always have.
- Wash your hands frequently. This is the single most effective way to reduce the spread of disease. As one person put it, wash your hands like you’ve just chopped jalapeño peppers and are about to take out your contacts. Do this after visiting the restroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, and after coughing, sneezing or touching your face.
- Avoid touching your face, including eyes, nose, and mouth, with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then discard the tissue in the trash.
- Use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol if hand washing is not an option.
- Wear athletic shoes during your workout if you feel more comfortable doing so.
- Get a flu shot if you haven’t already done so. While it won’t help with COVID-19, you are more likely to recover quickly if you are only battling one illness at a time.
Feeling Under the Weather?
Please do not come to the studio if you are unwell or suspect you might be coming down with an illness. During the next few weeks we will be happy to cancel your appointments without penalty if you are sick. We will also be on the lookout for people who appear to be unwell, and your trainer may turn you away if you are coughing or appear ill.